Let go of your stuff. Physical stuff, emotional stuff, just stuff. Sounds easy right? I know from personal experience, that getting rid of my “stuff” isn’t easy. But, once you truly let go, you will amaze yourself. Imagine just how much better you will feel. Here are few thoughts on what you can let go of, at no cost to you:
The Physical Things:
- Clean your house by getting rid of junk and items you don’t use.
- De-clutter your spaces. At work, at home, the yard, your car, you get the idea.
- Go for a walk. Especially with the family.
- Build or create something.
- Sit, relax, and think.
The Emotional Things:
- Stop the negativity. Things are not that bad.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Set goals, whatever they may be.
- Last, most importantly, spend time with your family.
I’m sure I can add to these lists, and probably will in future posts. Letting go of life’s baggage is healthy in so many ways. It’s not easy, but develop a routine. Not to mention, you will teach your children how to live healthier, happier lives too. What could be better for a parent?
Great advice. I should print this out and tack it to my kitchen wall.
Nice Bill. Thanks!
So true and good list. I’ve been working on simplifying my life-stuff inclded-for two years. It’s a slow process but my life is fuller now than it ever was before. The house is cleaner and my mind is clearer.