We watch The Cat In the Hat Knows A lot About That incessantly in my house. The most impressive thing about the Cat is his Thinga-ma-jigger. This all-inclusive, can do anything, adventure machine is one piece of engineering I would like to have. So I wondered how much would such a vehicle cost? The best way to get an approximate idea of the cost is to break down the features.
- The Float-a-ma-boater option: Wouldn’t we all want this for our cars? With the flip of the spring-loaded Thinga-ma-whizzer, Cat’s road cruising machine can swim with the best of them. I would suspect such an option would cost upwards of $20,000.00.
- The Shrink-a-madoodle option: An ingenious idea. Simply reduce the size of vehicle and crew to near microscopic size. This option would work wonders for medical science. Factoring in economies of scale and the ability to reverse the process (Rick Moranis eat your heart out), approximate cost $500,000.00.
- Fish bowl carrying ledge: Who wouldn’t love to take your pet fish on vacation? The Thinga-ma-jigger comes fully equipped with carrying ledge for Cat’s friend Fish. Cost: part of design of vehicle, so data is not available.
- The Space-a-ma-racer option: For those with deep pockets, you can purchase travel through Virgin for $20 million per ride. Or, install the Space-a-ma-racer option on your Prius for an affordable $1.2 million. No space suits needed and Fish is comfortable in his bowl too!
- The Submarine option: I didn’t want to spell this, but having the ability to go under the sea is truly phenomenal. Not as costly as orbiting ability, but pricey none-the-less. Cost $1 million.
- Thing 1 and Thing 2: I don’t believe you can clone these zany, problem solving individuals, but space for them aboard is comfortable and well equipped. Nothing but the best for these two: Bose speakers, organic fruit juice rack, and assorted bean bags for nap time. Cost: $50,000.00.
- Voice by Martin Short: I’m sure, for the right price, you could have Martin Short record all voice commands and options to play in your vehicle. Warning: this may get old quickly. Cost: Unknown.
- Assorted do-dads: a plethora of options, too numerous to list comes standard. Whatever Cat needs, Cat gets. Cost: to expensive to measure.
The Thinga-ma-jigger is truly one of the best vehicles out there in my humble opinion. Yes, the cost is high, but imagine what you could do? Ultimately, Cat’s vehicle is priceless. Why? Memories. My son enjoys watching Cat, Sally, Nick, Fish, and all the crazy characters. I enjoy watching with him. The mind of Dr. Seuss was truly unique, and his characters stand the test of time.
I hope my summary of available options will be useful if you consider purchasing a Thinga-ma-jigger of your own.