What’s in a smile? For me, there are many things that a smile can mean. Happiness, joy, sarcasm, laughter. But, when a baby smiles, that smile takes on a whole new meaning. So I got to thinking, what are some reasons to smile at your baby? Here’s my top 5:
- Your baby AND you get joy from the smile. Joy equals health. Need I say more?
- Your baby will most likely light up with their own smile. That, in of itself is the cutest darn thing you’ll see in life. (not to mention, it makes the wife happy!)
- Smiling at your baby will make them happy and a happy baby is better than an unhappy baby. Right?
- Smiling at your baby, will cause them to eventually laugh. I don’t know about you, but my kid’s laugh makes me laugh. Again, see number 1 about the joy and health thing.
- Smiling at your baby will teach your child smiling is good. A smiling baby becomes a smiling child who becomes a smiling adult. There world can always use more smiles, right?
I’ve found, for the most part, you can’t go wrong with a smile. Regardless of the situation, smiling is one of the best things you can do in life. It’s good for your health, it’s good for your baby, it’s free, and you can never exhaust your supply. Maybe we should all smile a little more.
- Smile at your baby, it’s good for them! (optimalhealth4kids.wordpress.com)